FAMILY, ADULT AND CHILD EDUCATION PROGRAM (FACE)
The goals of the FACE program are:
- to support parents/primary caregivers in their role as their child’s first and most influential teacher;
- to increase family literacy; to strengthen family-school-community connections;
- to promote the early identification and services to children with special needs;
- to increase parent participation in their child’s learning;
- to support and celebrate the unique cultural and linguistic diversity of each American Indian community served by the program; and
- to promote lifelong learning. Program services integrate language and culture in two settings: home and school.